DIY teeth whitening
There are many ways to whiten your teeth in the comforts of your home, but if you are looking for the safest and most effective way to brighten your smile, you can try this tutorial on how to whiten your teeth at home for less than $10.
1. Brush your teeth and rinse mouth with water
2. Fill a mug or bowl with hot boiling water and hold the mouthguard by submerging it in the hot water for just 2-3 seconds. Remove the mouthguard from the hot water, place the mouth guard over your teeth and suck out the air.
3. Use your fingers to firmly mould the mouth guard and gently bite down to ensure your mouth guard is perfectly molded to your teeth. Once you’re happy, place the mouthguard in cold water to ensure the shape holds.
4. Using whitening products like Plus White 5 Minute Premier Teeth Whitening System, squeeze a small continuous line of plus white speed whitening gel into both sides of the mouth tray and carefully insert it into your mouth. Position the mouth tray over your teeth and bite down very gently. Leave in for 5 minutes to whiten your teeth.
Note: For badly stained or yellow teeth, allow 15-20 minutes.
5. After desired time is reached, remove mouth tray and rinse mouth several times with cool water, thoroughly flushing any remaining gel from mouth and gum area.
6. For the rinse solution, mix one part (at least a teaspoon) of the concentrated StainGuard post rinse with 2 parts water. Swish in mouth for 15-20 seconds and rinse out.
Video by Kandee Johnson