Are you are planning to make hard boiled eggs? Do you want to know how to perfectly make hard-boiled eggs without the green ring around the yolk? Whether you like them soft-boiled, medium-boiled or hard boiled, this easy-to-follow method will show you how to perfectly boil an egg and then easily peel it.
Hard boiled eggs:
1. Place eggs in a saucepan or pot and add cold water to cover the eggs by 1 inch.
2. Put pan over high heat and bring water to a rolling boil. Remove pan from burner and cover.
3. Let the eggs stand in the hot water for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the eggs.
4. Drain eggs and put in a bowl filled with ice water.
Medium boiled eggs:
Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, then add your eggs and cook for 7 – 8 minutes. Drain and cool in ice water and peel.
Soft boiled eggs:
1. Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cool water.
2. Bring the water to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
3. Remove the eggs from the saucepan and immediately place them in a bowl filled with ice water
To easily peel hard-boiled eggs, crack the shell all over and roll between your hands to separate the membrane from the egg.
Video by Howdini