Do you love apples? Are you looking for some ideas you want to do with your favorite fruit? How about making some Apple Swans? Learning how to make an edible apple swan is pretty easy with our easy to follow steps.
Step 1. Pick an apple you think looks good.
Depending on how many edible apple swans you are planning to make, choose the ones looks good – the skin is smooth and free of nicks, wrinkles or soft spots.
Step 2. Make Apple Wedges.
• Using sharp, thin cutting knife, carefully cu your apple at a slight diagonal so that it cuts right through the center of the apple core.
• Save two of the seeds to be used later.
• Take the half of the apple that still has the bottom attached, and place it face down on a cutting board.
• Place two butter knives perpendicular to the top and bottom of the apple.
• Carefully cut down into the apple from the top, and just to the right side of the apple core. You should be able to press down until the knife bottoms out on the other 2 butter knives, and then use the butter knives as makeshift spacers to line your knife up, and cut in from the side. When the two cuts meet, you’ll have an apple wedge that pops right out.
• Repeat the process on the other side of the apple so that you’re left with 2 apple wedges.
Step 3. Make Layered Wings
To give an effect of layered wings, cut these wedges into 3 smaller wedges then layer them together.
Step 4. Make the Apple Swan’s Head
For the head, carefully cut into the front of the body and gently lift the pieces out to reveal a clean and fairly deep groove.
• Go ahead and grab the other half of the apple and place it between the butter knives like before but this time, we’re going to use them as spacers to cut an even slice off the bottom.
• Repeat the process 3 to 4 times to give you a variety of shapes and sizes.
• Look for a piece that looks like a heart that’s been flattened at the top.
• Form the swan head out of 3 strategic cuts. Make one cut at the top at about a 45 degree angle, then a 2nd cut horizontal, and to the right. The last cut near the bottom was sloped at about 30 degrees down and to the left.
Step 5. Put them all together
After putting the pieces together, clean it up a bit and use the knife to round off sharp edges. Lastly, place the apple seeds where you think the eyes should go and spritz some lemon juice to help prevent the apple swan from turning brown.
Video by The King of Random