How To Eat Healthy
If you want to learn how to eat healthy, here are some tips to get you started. The goal is to stop “dieting” and begin eating clean as a lifestyle choice.
- Tip 1: allow yourself to be on the journey. You don’t have to do everything at once. It’s a process of learning how to do things, one step at a time.
- Tip 2: Healthy eating is not the same for everyone. You want to eat whole, unprocessed food, most of the time and you are enjoying the food that you choose.
- Tip 3: cook as often as you can.
- Tip 4: Focus on quality over calories.
- Tip 5: What grows together, goes together.
- Tip 6: Have some recipes that you like. This way, when you don’t have time to think, you can lean on this list.
- Tip 7: Learn to read labels. You want to make sure you look at the ingredients and that recognize what they are. This will lead to eating more whole foods.
- Tip 8: Avoid eating highly processed foods.
- Tip 9: Avoid artificial flavors and sweeteners. Eating artificial sweeteners leads to the designer to want more sugar.
- Tip 10: Practice meal prepping. You want to cook once and be able to eat 3 or 4 times.
- Tip 11: Stock your pantry and freezer with healthy options.
- Tip 12: Follow your hunger. Don’t eat according to the clock.
Watch the video for 6 more useful tips beyond what is listed here.
Video by Clean & Delicious